Sunday, October 26, 2008

And the hits just keep on coming...

... It's been a while since I posted and you might be wondering why...

It's been a rough couple of weeks.

First, Steve's health has been bad. After several ER visits and several Dr. appointments, we seem to have the first real lead as to the cause. Or, more like one of the causes. After all the research we've been doing, we think its actually a combination of several things since not all the symptoms fit one thing or the other. Needless to say, the last 3 weekends have been spent in the hospital for lots and lots of testing. We're not done yet. He has an outpatient procedure being done this week. Maybe we'll have an answer (or two) by the end of the month. I know Steve is tired of being sick, not being able to sleep, and not knowing what is wrong with him. I am tired of being scared and worried because we don't know what is wrong. I am tired of trying to hide it from the kid so she doesn't know that something is wrong with Daddy. We're just tired in general...

... and then to add to it... It's been a couple rough weeks at work, with me traveling (Thank you Tracy for taking the kidlet overnight for me) as well as stuff in general being a little tense becaue the automotive market is in REALLY bad shape. In fact, the paper had a report today that some guy went to get a car and the best financing he could find was 16%... I bought my car 2 years ago with a 5% rate! No wonder no one is selling cars! (which could affect my job...)

... Then add on to that, our home computer is down for the count. We got hit with a nasty virus that well reached it's little tentacles out into all the little corners of the computer. This has caused us to have to pull everything out and rebuild it from scratch. It's the only way that we'll be rid of it. So, I'm still without a home computer and my laptop doesn't have access to the scanner or card readers to get my Pink Sketch up. Steve's home this week (due to the medical stuff) so he's going to try and get it fixed by mid-week. My uncle spent the weekend working on it when Steve was in the hospital and then the two of them together last night and the majority of the day before they left to go back to Chicago.

This weekend, we were supposed to meet in Grand Rapids with my Aunt, Uncle, and Grandma for apple picking, pumpkin patching, and wine tasting. But, that went down the drain with the whole Steve medical thing as he spent most of it in the hospital. Since he was in testing the majority of it, we spent time at the pumpkin patch since we couldn't hang with him. It was super cold but we had a good time. Hopefully, we'll get to carve them this week sometime. :) I would put up pictures but ... refer to the last paragraph. Needless to say, when the computer's fixed, I will put a bunch of pics and pages up.

I am working hard to keep a positive outlook. We will find out what is causing this and we'll get it fixed. I have faith. Please keep him in your prayers. I can handle it as long as I know what I am handling.

I'm off for now. I have a million things to do for tomorrow and I want to make sure that Steve's doing okay in the office...

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I have been wondering where you were hiding out - WOW! I am praying for you, girl...sending lots of strength and support your way as well. Whenever you need a scrappy therapy session, let me know & I'm THERE! Heck, even a telephone therapy session...I can do that too! If I can do anything at all, please call - I'm pulling for you.