Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Apology and some pictures

I am not the best friend or sister.
I know, I know... it's a shocker?!?!
But, I am notorious late at sending cards/gifts, I suck at returning phone calls, and I forget about things unless I write them down.
I do try to be there for my friends and family when they need me, but I find that life has a way of sucking you in so that it's hard to focus on something that's not "critical".
Take last night for example... my sister called in the middle of child number 1 throwing a tantrum because she "wasn't sleepy" (at 9pm), child number 2 crying because her teeth hurt, and the soup on my stove boiling over (which is supposed to feed at least 25 for today's Soupdown). Got child 1 back to bed and asleep while hubby dealt with #2 and the soup got turned off until the crisis was avoided. However, I didn't end up calling my sister back. It's the second time in a week or two that I have missed the boat on that task. I am publicly apologizing to her now because it's not that I didn't want to talk to her- I just got sucked into the drama of life.
I think we all have drama in varying degrees.
I think that it makes our lives interesting.
Without drama, each day would be the same and boring. So, I welcome the entertainment in my life.Unfortunately, that means that I don't call my parents like I should, talk to my sisters and brothers like I should, contact my friends like I should.
It's not that I don't appreciate each and every one of you - I do... I have the perfect family for me - with all the crazy, mixed up, loud people that make up the Giesler/Vlk/Patterson clans.
Forgive me if I don't call you right back or send a card late.
Susan, I will get back with you sometime this week... Mondays are very hard with the craziness of school/dance/etc.
For your viewing entertainment... a few more Take Annde to the Navy Yard pictures...

This was taken in one of the rooms on the USS Barry. We're touring with Mattie and another little girl.
Here's us at lunch...
And in the park before the dog exercise...
And, because it's freakin' cool - here's the hot dog getting electrocuted. How awesome is that?!?!
Off to work now... Have a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

crafterhours said...

Hi Jana, Adrianna from Crafterhours here. I couldn't find another way to get in touch with you. The Dresden Plate skirt is a 3-5T, sorry. But you can totally make it! I know I made it sound hard, but it's really not. Just time consuming. I'd say, with some help, it could even be a beginner project. Good luck and thanks for the interest!