Monday, January 12, 2009

With the Start of the Autoshow...

... here is an ad that a friend sent me that is just too funny.



It says in small type:
"We got you to sell your 20 MPG Surburban to buy a 15 MPG Sequoia. We convinced you that your 33 MPG Malibu actually gets worse mileage than our 30 MPG Accord. We convinced you if you quit buying GM, Ford, and Chrysler that we will build more plants, but we just announced we are closing our NEW Prius plant in Mississippi. Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Pontiac scored above average for JD Power Quality, while Acura, Nissan, BMW, Mazda, VW, Subaru, Scion, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Land Rover, and Mini all scored below the industry average - and you still believe American brands can't compete. We got BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN INCENTIVES PAID FOR BY THE US TAX PAYERS TO BUILD THE FEW PLANTS that we do have in America and you didn't care. And best of all, we didn't even have to make you believe that the auto LOANS were really a free money bailout... you came up with that one yourselves!"

You might agree or you might think that it's still spinning the truth, but it is correct by my fact checking so I'm posting it. Most of you know how I feel about what's going on or you will now... :) More pictures and scrap stuff coming later on.

I'll get off my soap box now... I am glad that I am not the only one up there!

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Hey Jana
How are you doing? That's a really funny ad that you got there!!!

Hope this is not too late, but congrats to you for making it on Apron Strings DT as a Sous Chef!

I hope all is well at home and that Annde and Steve are fully well and recovered from the December episode.

I'm loving your works and I think you do gorgeous work with them!