Thursday, November 8, 2007

So, I did the strangest thing for me... I decided only hours from the deadline to submit an application for a design team. I have no clue as to whether I will actually get picked for it but I had a lot of fun scrambling around trying to get it all done.

I think I am drawn to the idea of a design team because it not only gives me focus to get scrapping done every month (one of my new year's resolutions) but also because I think it inspires me to do more with what I am doing than simply slapping pictures on a page and calling it good. I am trying not to have too much confidence on being picked so I won't be bummed if it doesn't happen. I'll keep you posted (after the 15th when the calls go out...)

On a sad note, my SIL's mother died this week of ovarian cancer. It was incredibly sad because she had 3 young children (30s) and several infant grandchildren (3mos - 1 yr) that would have benefitted by her presence here. It really makes you think about what AND who is important in your life. I am going to try and come up with something fabulous to give to my SIL and her sister (who I am also close to) so that they can truly celebrate the great woman their Mom was and that she is still here looking out for them, not just that she isn't here this holiday season. I'll post a pic when its done!

Ta Ta for now, everyone!!

No comments: