Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Grant me some patience!

One of the things that drives my husband nuts about me is my lack of patience. In a world that is so focused on the instantaneous (think cell phones, the internet, 24 hour news), I think I have lost the ability to just sit and wait.

There's a lot going on in my life right now that requires patience and I just haven't got it. I want Steve to find a job off the road NOW, I want to have our second kid NOW (well, maybe now+9 months), I want to find the connection I used to have with my job again NOW, I want Grace-Commerce's new home to be finished NOW, I want Annde to be potty trained NOW, I want a million dollars NOW... (Okay, I just threw that one in for fun because I was having such a great time listing things!) All of those things require patience and understanding that the world and my life doesn't work on my time table for change...

My friend Jill told me to look up and memorize Jeremiah 29:11 because she thinks it's perfect for what I am going through: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I need to hold fast to this and pray that at the right time, Steve will get a great job, we'll be blessed with Baby 2 (no, Tracy, not babies 2 and 3 and 4... :) ), Annde will be wearing cute panties, my job will improve, and Grace-Commerce will be finished. Oh, and I will win the lottery! I just need to keep a positive outlook and grow some patience inside.

I know that patience isn't one of my given traits, but with a little work, some positive attitude, and patience, I know that I can make my wishes a reality. :)

No comments: