Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oops... Where did the time go!

Well... shoot! I guess that I haven't blogged in a while! Shame on me!

Life around the Patterson household hasn't been overly busy, just stressful. I have the typical problems at work while Steve is out in DC each week. The weekends just seem to fly by! There never seems to be enough time in the day. Add to it a 3 yr old who has discovered a love for the internet and my computer time gets cut in half!

This weekend was nice and warm. I even got a sunburn! Annde and I played outside the majority of the day on Sunday. Chalks, her trike, the swingset... we were all over! It felt so good to get outside in the sunshine... Here's some pics from that day. Annde was totally cool with me playing around with settings and positions for my camera. Maybe I am turning her into a little diva? When you tell her she's pretty now, about half the time she will say, "I know!" Time to nip that in the bud! I do that I am really getting sick of snow. Today, the weather has started to cool down again and there is a possibility to drop back into the 30s/40s again. Sigh! Will it ever warm up for good? Hopefully all the flowers coming up won't die!

While I hesitate to write this in fear that it will curse me, Annde has really gotten into the potty thing this week. I started a star chart for her so that she can earn some "special stuff" for doing stuff around the house as well as getting dressed for school/bed herself. For the heck of it, I threw "Stay dry all day - go poop and pee in the potty" and for some strange reason, the prize of putting a star on the chart has gotten her to start really working on the potty. The chart thing didn't work before but I guess she might be ready... {I can just hear my best friend Tracy going - "I told you so!!"} I still have to say, "Yeah!" Keep your fingers crossed that Annde doesn't lose focus!! (or I might pull my hair out!!)

I am also excited because I just found out that I will be helping out the Scrapbook Zone with their booth at Mega Meet 2008! It will be a lot of fun to be at the booth, helping people, and just being surrounded by all that scrapbook fun... Guess I need to save a few bucks for shopping too! Actually, my hubby and I just put in a new storage system for my scrapbook stuff (well... really its just shelves and boxes from IKEA but storage system sounds so much cooler!!)... so I will know what I can buy because I NEED it rather than just randomly buying stuff... Shhh!! I might do that too!

Two last things...

1. Happiest of Anniversaries to Jon and Cheryl! It's been a great year for them with the birth of Ben... Our best wishes to you two!!

2. Only 4 weeks to go until our Breast Cancer - Crop for a Cure event in Waterford, MI... Flyers are available for signup - just post or email me with your address and I will get one out to you. All proceeds go to help those walking in the 3-Day Breast Cancer event. I can't wait for the fun to start!! So, if you want to come, don't hestitate to contact me!!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

So glad you got to spend a weekend in the sun! I'm jealous a wee bit that you have a camera diva--mine just runs when I pull the camera out! LOL!