Friday, May 8, 2009

Coordinate Collections & Mega Meet

This year, Mother's Day weekend is going to rock! I started off yesterday with a full spa pedicure. It was a treat to myself and totally worth it... Last night my feet and legs were SOOOOO relaxed and my nails are a pretty red now. :)
The fun continues today... I am so excited! In about 1 1/2 hours, I head out to Mega Meet. It's a scrapbooking convention in Michigan and I always find really cool stuff. I've been saving my pennies and I can't wait to find that special item. This year, I am not working like I did last year. Nope, I am shopping! Yippee!!!
I am so excited because I am also spending the day with my buddy Stacy. I haven't seen her in a while and she's so much fun. She even talked me into taking some classes. Here's a shocker for you: other than a class at a crop - I've only taken 1 other class in my life... it was a 15 min. one on distressing paper. That's amazing to me! In over 10 years, I've only taken 1 class! Today, I am taking 3: 2 mini-books and 1 techniques class. Then, we're cropping all-night! (My BFF Tracy is joining us for that... We are going to have a BLAST!)
I am also participating in a Cyber Crop with Coordinates Collections this weekend... They are having a crop based on the Movies theme. It will be fun to see what Jennifer F comes up with... Interested in participating? Check it out here: http://coordinatescollections.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=38
Also, because I am already talking about the site, here's my guest design team stuff from April. I had a ton of fun with the product! I really loved the colors and the textures. :)

I love this page... It's hard to see but I stickled the lace paper (Basic Grey) to make it look 3-D. I also like the look of the B&W pictures with the one color. :)

This layout was about my scrapbooking confidence last year. I tried out and made several design teams. It's been a fun year so I wanted to commemorate it!
My daughter's closest friend at school is Gabriella. This was a page I did about having her over for a playdate. Can you believe it was the ONLY picture I took - and her Mom's a scrapbooker too! Shame on us!!
And, using the scraps, here's some easy and fun cards I did... I love these colors together.

Off to finish packing my stuff! Have a great day everyone!! Peace out...

1 comment:

Jana said...

I love your layouts. I think you captured the playdate with one photo. Sometimes we get too caught up with photos. 10 years from now you will be able to look at this layout and get the memory just as well as if you had 20 photos. I think you did a great job. Nice cards too.