Monday, May 4, 2009

It's been a while, eh?

Wow... I can't believe a month has gone by without a single posting for me.

April was pretty rough. I had a lot of design team work that kept me on my toes as well as the mad rush to pack up the house. So much has happened that I would be typing all night so instead I will just list it and go from there...

* Yes, the trip to DC was crazy busy. The interviews went awesome... the plane flights did not. The return one especially. I ended up missing the games on Saturday night - Dad and Steve went instead - because I sat on the runway in DC for hours while we waited for the cross winds to die down and weight to come off the plane. It was a rough flight. It took me a day to recover from the air sickness. Uggh!! Everyone else had a blast at the game - and the Spartans won!! - so I was excited for the Finals.

* My brothers came in for the games and we had a great weekend full of A LOT of laughs. There are now a lot of inside jokes, including Jeff's new nickname "Google Boy" and Jon's new nickname, which I won't mention here... :) Annde had a great time playing up to her uncles and we had a lot of fun mocking Jon's Crackphone's 3G network. Jon - did you know that our network now has a 4G? AHAHAHA We're better than you!!

* The Finals - even though MSU lost in a large beating by UNC, we still had a lot of fun. We got to see things upclose for a while and even if we lost - we were still there. So there, ESPN folk - MSU got all the way to the end! You predicted we'd be out in the first round. It was VERY cool!! Thanks for the tickets to my siblings and hubby. It was an awesome experience!!

* I did take the job with the Navy... or at least I will when my security clearance is done. Who knows how long that will take. I know it's underway... but not sure when it will be complete. I guess we'll be moving, sometime... we'll just have to have fun in MI until that happens.

* Want to buy a house? Ours is for sale! It comes with a boat... :)

I have a ton of design team stuff to post that I will do in the next couple of days. I am going to try and post at least once a day this week to catch everything up.

Well, I am off. I have a ton to do before I get Annde from school. Thank you to everyone who posted nice wishes for me while I was on hiatus. I really appreciate it. :)

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Glad that you got the fob. GO NAVY! see yu next time i'm in DC

Sophia said...

Navy as in the US Marines Navy??

Wow! Good for you Jana! I'm happy that things are gonna work out for you! I'm quite glad to hear from you over at my blog actually... I've been checking up on you over here for updates but figured you must be busy getting things done.

Hope to hear more good news yah?

Jana said...

Congrats on the new job. I would love to hear more about it.
Your crackphone comments made me giggle.