Monday, January 14, 2013

Catching Up- October layouts

So, one of my New Year's resolutions is to catch my blog back up and keep up with it.  Now that the Masters is complete (Yeah!! Graduated in Dec 2012 with a MSSE from the Naval Post Graduate School), I have time to scrapbook again.   I spent Saturday scrapping with some new and old friends and it was awesome! But, that's a post for another day. 

Here's some pages I did while I was finishing up my Masters Degree...

The first page involves a Trip to Bandelier. This is a National Park located outside White Rock, NM. I grew up in the area and this summer when I went home for my 20 year Reunion, I took my oldest to see it.  It was cool because she had been studying this type of Native American in school so she could associate it with her lessons.  On the way to Ceremonial Cave, we casually ran into a Diamondback Rattlesnake. Yep - it was pretty big. We didn't get chomped on but of course, Mom had to take pictures.













I couldn't find a big enough Kokopelli so I created one out of a corrogated sheet of paper so it would stand out a bit.  I had SO many pictures so I tucked my journaling into the envelope with "Watch Out" on it.

The next layout I did involved Annde's donation of hair to Children with Hair Loss.  It's a non-profit in Michigan that makes wigs for kids for free.  We were going to do Locks for Love but I have been hearing a lot of negative things about them - including that they have been throwing out donations that aren't 100% perfect - so I went with Children because they have less regulations on who can get a wig and they don't charge the kid's family anything. Plus, you get your wig quickly, instead of having to wait for months.  Annde is trying to decide what she wants to say about donating her hair - that's why the block is currently empty.

 
The next layout was about Meg's bed.  We finally moved Meg out of her crib and into a toddler bed.  She was so excited about it, but we find it humorous that she literally won't put a foot on the floor until we come into her room. She can be wide awake for an hour, yelling "MOM!", and still sitting on her bed.  It's crazy since our first was climbing out of the crib as soon as she could walk. 


 

The last layout for today is one I did involving a recent trip to the Pumpkin patch.  There were SOOO many cute pictures (I had just gotten my new camera - my graduation gift!) but it really didn't warrant a two-page spread.  So, I tried to layer the pictures with mini-captions and then created a pumpkin to use as an accent for the journalling block.  I love these Close to My Heart chipboard letters -> they are textured with different designs and they can easily be inked to match. :)







 
 
Well, that's it for today.  Stayed tuned for November's pages later this week...



No comments: