Saturday, March 15, 2008

I challenge you to make a difference....

I have been inspired by 2 women in my life who will commit to walking 60 miles for Breast Cancer...
These two women, Tracy Jerome and Susan Daniels, are training hard and raising at least $2200 each to make a difference in this world:
* to save just one woman from the pain of breast cancer
* to save just one man from losing his wife
* to save just one child from growing up without a mother...
* to save one person from losing a friend...

Each one of us can make this our own challenge - each one of us can stand up and say, "I will walk too..." or, if you are like me where you can't walk, I challenge you to stand up and say, "I will support someone who will undertake this extraordinary effort." On the side of this blog are 2 links, one for each woman, that you can step up and say, "I will help you..." I challenge each one of you, if you can, to donate $5 to each woman. That's only $10... the cost of going out to lunch one time... but it could be the $10 that ultimately leads to the cure for Breast Cancer. Do you know that Breast cancer is related to other types of cancer such as pancreatic or esophageal cancer? Do you know that if they find the cure for this type, it might lead to the eradication of cancer from this earth? Wouldn't it be nice to let our children grow up in a world where they wouldn't have to fear it like so many in our generation do? Please help out these two ladies! They need your support so that they can make a difference in the world!

In helping out these women, I am working on a little project for each one so that they can show others and ask for help... This is the start of Tracy's... (just a little teaser!) I will post both projects here when they are finished. If you know someone who is walking, let me know... I will donate to them too... (Thanks to Stephanie at Homegrown Hospitality (see link on side of blog) for inspiring me in these doodles...)

No comments: