Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck o' the Irish to all of you!!

Happy St. Patty's Day! I love this holiday because its fun to wear green and eat Corned beef and cabbage... and drink good irish beer! Annde "got it" this year - wanting to wear a green dress and green beads and take green frosted sugar cookies to school with her this morning. Yep, it was supposed to be a great day!

Then my car happened. I am soooo frustrated by my crappy Equinox! Its only 2 1/2 years old and I just had to put my 3rd set of rotors and pads on it. To be blunt, my brakes suck! And, it makes me mad because brakes are what I do for a living!! I can't get the dealership to listen to me or fix the problem (they won't admit there is one) so instead I take the car in, listen to them blow me off again, pay them $50 each time for crackin' open the system (which basically means putting it up on a hoist and taking off a tire - I could do that!), and get it back without them fixing anything. I know what the problem is... my independant mechanic knows what the problem is... but I can't get them to fix it under warranty! ARRGGHHHH!!!!! So, there has been a battle going on all day... I refuse to accept that my calipers are blowing through pads and rotors due to "normal wear and tear... " when it is because they aren't retracting fully after each brake application. I refuse to accept that my rear wheel cylinders have "some weepage which is normal wear and tear" when a brake system is CLOSED for a reason (aka -> no fluid should EVER leak out of the system). I hate the fact that my vehicle should have been designed with 13" rotors, not the crappy 11.5" rotors I actually have... (Think about this: my SUV Equinox has the same brake system as the Chevy Lumina car... DUH! That isn't going to work... my Equinox is bigger and heavier than a car!) My new nickname for it: The Equinoxious... Stay tuned for results...

So, to make myself feel better about this crappy day (so far), I wanted to list the things I am lucky enough to have ... and be thankful for...
* My wonderful husband and daughter... They are my world!
* My health - my knees might not work too well, but I am pretty healthy!
* My family across the country: I love each and every one of you...
* My friends who give me endless support... and listen to me complain!
* My warm home and everything in it...
* That I have everything I need to survive and a lot of the "extra creature comforts" I want...
* That I made the Design Team at the Zone (who said dreams can't come true?)
* A very stressful, but well paying, job
* A (crappy but still functioning) car that gets us around safely...
* Love from Above... I thank God every day to be here, regardless that it turns out crappy.

So, happy St. Patty's everyone. Happy Easter-to-Be! I hope everyone takes a moment today to think about all the things in life - and appreciate - that make each of us lucky! Cheer for Michigan State as they take on Temple for the first round of the NCAA March Madness... They need some of that Irish luck too!

No comments: