Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"I am just a blank sheet of paper..." - Nope! I am a BOOK!!!

This is August's book for the Coordinates Collections Book Club:
Made popular by the recent movie based on it, this book is about a book club who reads nothing but Jane Austen books. The club, 5 women and 1 man, discusses Jane Austen books while learning/hurting from real love. I read all the Jane Austen books in High School so it's kind of interesting to see what I remember... So far, I like the book but I am not done yet. Join in the conversations by visiting Coordinates Collections or check out the background at the book here: Amazon's review.
This month's Scrap Happy bookclub is reading this one:
It's the second book by Maria de Los Santos I have read and while I didn't *love* it, it was entertaining. Feel free to join in the conversations over at Good Reads or Coordinates Collections or check out the background on the book here on Amazon's review.
We got ambitious over at Coordinates Collections... we picked three books (the previous two and this one!)... I am a huge Nora Roberts fan - I've read almost every book she's written (not too fond of the J.D. Robb ones) and of course, I had to get this one as soon as it came out. I was not disappointed! Definitely a great one! I can see where she might spin this out to a series of trilogies... Great characters and plot...

So, join in the discussion on this one by heading over to Coordinates Collections or check the background on the book by checking Amazon. I highly recommend this one...

Happy Reading everyone...

Did you guess who sings "Blank Sheet of Paper"? It's Tim McGraw... It's a song about asking for forgiveness and how hard it can be... Its kinda slow and bluesy and matches my mood right now...

No comments: