Friday, August 29, 2008

Mini Book Mania

Last week, I mentioned that I was mini book crazy... I was making them for a fundraiser for my sister who is walking in the 3-Day Breast Cancer walk in Dallas, TX. It's been a while since I made mini books for others (my mini-books tend to be a little more embellished) so it took me a bit to get going but I am super happy with the results. I still need to put the left over ones up on my etsy shop so look for that soon...

This first style was a general boy book. I love how it came out... very clean lines. I love mixing blue, green and brown... The title says: The Details about a Boy

This is the girl version, called: Super Cute...
I saw this in a class I took and love how they came out... What a perfect size for all those wallets you get from school and with the hard tin, you can just toss it in your purse and the pictures are protected. The insert currently holds 10 pictures, but I am going to offer these in my etsy shop with up to 3 sets of inserts (30 pictures total). This is the "school" one and...
... here's the one for all those little Christmas card pictures you want to save but don't have anywhere to put...
This was by far my favorite book. "A Year to Remember" was taken off an idea I saw in a magazine. It's bigger (6"x6") so there's plenty of space to put a larger picture or grouping of several smaller pictures on each page. Each half page contains room to journal and put in the dates for that year (someone might not want to memorialize 2008...). I hand doodled the frames throughout the book with glaze (raised like embossing) for a fun little touch. What a great gift for a grandparent or parent at Christmas!
There was one more style of book but since I am not completely done with them, I'll wait to post them. Tune in tomorrow for a sneak peek of some layouts I have done this week... And don't forget that a new sketch will be out on Pink Sketches Sunday so don't forget to submit for Sketch 2!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those minis are so adorable!! i'm going to have to try that album with the months! such a clever idea jana!

just letting you know that i tagged you with an I LOVE YOUR BLOG award. read my latest to see it!

have a wonderful weekend,
sarah.

Susie Chadwick said...

I love the colors on the About a Boy.