Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Little Miss Chatterbox today...

Hey y'all... Happy Post Labor Day...

We had a very relaxing and quiet weekend! We shipped the kid off to Grandma & Grandpa's so we could spend some quality time together with our anniversary coming up tomorrow. We ended up getting a lot done and doing some fun stuff.

Friday night, we went to Arts, Beats, and Eats downtown. We go every other year and this year was very disappointing. Other than seeing someone win a $1 million in a lottery job, there was a lack of good art work and the food was overpriced. After spending $30 to get a beer and an appetizer each, we left and went off to try the Irish Tavern in Waterford. It's this little bar that our friend Kevin's niece bartends at. It changed ownership a year or two ago and it looks nicer but we had never been inside. What a great place! For $20, we got big hamburgers w/ fries and a large draft. It was totally worth it... one of those little hole-in-the-wall joints that is a great find. If you are in our area, you should try it out!

Saturday, I spent all morning on my knees laying 2'x2' pavers to fix the rest of the side of the house (where our hole in the wall and drainage issue was). I got it done in a couple of hours but completely neglected to protect my knees. Now, they are bruised and sore... My hubby kept telling people I had carpet burns... He wishes!! AHAHAHA That night we watched UM lose (YEAH!), MSU lose (Boo... although they played a decent game...), and played Putt Putt. Yeah, putt putt! Tee Hee... We haven't done that since we were dating...

Sunday, we went and got the kidlet back... Little Miss Chatterbox kept our ears ringing until bed time!

Monday was also lots of fun. We took Annde school shopping and she got her backpack and lunch box. I can't believe how big she's getting!! We then took her to play putt putt (bored after 10 holes as well as hit her ball into the lake) and Steve took her on the gokarts. FUN!!! Then, we spent time at the beach (since the boat's dead) and ate dinner with the fun side neighbors (I love BBQ). I learned that my *new* backdoor neighbors like to smoke the wacky weed... I sat down next to Annde on the swing set and the smell was overwhelming. I'm going to have to watch that one and possibly say something to them if it happens again (like smoke in your own house or away from our fence, dude!)

I also got some cropping done. These pages were done with my Zone DT kit. (The colors are a little funky... Taking pics at night sometimes does that) I played around with them using the Pink sketches for the week and totally love what I came up with!! I just need to take a picture of the 3rd layout I did, retake the pic of one I did for Tracy, and take a bunch of pics of the really cute little mini fishing book...

This is a page about Annde leaving Miss Lynne's Daycare...
And this is a page summarizing the summer and how much fun we had!

On a totally "bummer" note - I have a product warning. Don't signup for AT&T home service (cable/phone/internet). We just got burned on this big time! They came to our door - as well as our neighbors - to sign us up. Steve thought it sounds good so he signed up for the 30 day trial. They did Tim's house first (fun neighbors) and it took them 3 days to put it in. Then they did Perry's (other side) and not only did it take them 15 hours to put it in, they did a HORRIBLE job running the lines - think white house with black cables wrapping around it and going in the middle of the front of the house! So, when they got to ours and told us that they would have to "cut our satellite cables to run theirs in it's place", Steve said no - we'll just take the internet & phone. Thank goodness he did! The internet was super slow and kept crashing the browser. We upgraded to the best service available and STILL had problems. So this weekend, he cancelled it (our 30 days aren't up for 7 more days). Today, they cut off our phone service. Okay, fine... we went back to Vonage where we have been for the last 3 years (with no issues, mind you). Only, AT&T won't give us back our phone number. They claim they now own it. We've had the same phone number through 2 apartments and 2 homes for the last 10 years and now we have to change it to have a house phone... or give in and pay $200!!! (to rejoin their service!) WHAT A BUNCH OF FREAKIN' CON ARTISTS! They have crappy service and they think we are going to give them more money? Are they smokin' the weed the neighbors are? Seriously!! So, we have a new number. If you need it, post a comment and I'll send it to you. I tried to catch everyone in my address book but I could have missed a few...

Well, Adios for now... Check ya later!

No comments: