Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's gone to the bees...

Well, this month (or last 30 days) has been expensive for the household... Between the hole in the garage, the tree coming down, the drainage issue, the boat breaking, the truck breaking, and pre-paying for Preschool & wrap around care, we've managed to spend A LOT of money.

Now, we have a bee problem.

We put up a new roof and gutters this year, which didn't sit as low as the old gutter/roof combination. So, we have exposed fascia boards. We got new siding quoted but could justify the costs with us putting the house up next year for sale. Well, the bees like us now. Really like us... "as in want to live in the house with us" like us. They found a crack in the wall by the exposed fascia and moved in... literally. We have bees in the outside wall of our bedroom.

We've tried the "flooding" technique at night (which isn't wise, necessarily, because we have a 2 story house and if a bee flies out, in the dark, it would be hard to see where you are falling...) as well as 8 - yes 8! - cans of bee spray in the last 7 days with NO success. Today, the exterminator is coming. Hopefully, he can kill them... The sound in the walls is driving me nuts.

On a good note, yesterday was our Anniversary. We didn't do anything exciting for it but it was nice to relax together for the weekend. Steve bought me this beautiful mixed bouquet. We were going to go to the Tigers game together today (to celebrate) but between the bee guy coming, Annde's dentist appointment, and some work stuff, it isn't going to work out... bummer!Look at this cool journal I made! I am participating in Stacy's Have More Fun class and instead of creating another scrapbook for me about the 30 days of September, I decided to create a diary sort of journal and follow along somewhat with her daily topics (if they fit). I used the Coordinate Collections left overs from my August Veggie kit. That's "5" layouts and a card out of a $15 kit. Fabulous! I made one for Tracy too... I'll post that later in the week...


I also did another page last night - about buying Annde's first backpack. I still have to take the picture of the layout and then I'll get it up...

Have a great day, y'all!

1 comment:

Laura Gilhuly said...

LOVE the journal...awesome job....happy belated anniversary!