Monday, September 29, 2008

Scrapping Pink!!

So you know that I am lovin' the color Pink, right?

This weekend, my BFF Tracy walked the 3 Day for Breast Cancer. I am so PROUD of her... I can't wait to see pictures of the whole thing. Maybe she'll leave them on the card (hint! hint!!) so I can add a few to this layout I did for her this weekend:
It was a make-n-take from the Scrap Pink event at the Zone that Jill and I went to. We had sooo much fun scrapbooking all day for Breast Cancer! The original page was kind of similar to this one but well, if you ladies know me, you know that I can't have the same page as everyone else and the designed page was a little too simplistic for me. So, I took it back, added a bit more and viola! This page was completed... If Tracy couldn't scrap with me, I decided to scrapbook for Tracy!
My friend, Jill, is a newbie scrapbooker but she took to it like a pro... she completed over 10 layouts, even stitching on one. It was fun to work with her and help her get going. We definitely pulled her over to the power of the dark side (she's originally a card maker) with this scrap.
The ScrapPink event at the Zone was awesome. The goodie bag for Saturday had a $10 adhesive pack (good thing because I ran out of adhesive and the Zone was out of the refills for my favorite kind!), a pink bracelet, the Write Stuff journaling book (gave to Jill since I had it already and she didn't), and a 4 pack of Vellum writers. I LOVE VELLUM WRITERS!! Yippee!! There were 2 make-n-takes (the page and a card) as well as several raffles. I was hoping to win the big enchilada - a $275 crop weekend at a local scrapbook retreat but alas! It wasn't meant to be. Instead, I won one of the 4 runner-up prizes! It's this great messenger bag from New Balance, official shoe sponsor of the 3Day. It was full of great scrapbook stuff: kits from Bo Bunny & Adornit, a minibook for summer vacation, rubons, ribbon, a Scrapbook & Cards Magazine, a Fiskars alphabet, and chipboard. Fabulous!!
While I was at ScrapPink, I did a boatload of pages, at least for me. My goal was 8 and I almost got there - didn't finish the last one. Just ran out of time... Here are a few I did:
This first one is about Annde's first Spartan football game. She wasn't too interested in the game so she played with her kindergarten-on-the-go game kit the whole game. It was still fun for Steve, Dad, and I... I absolutely loved this paper but it was for a local HS team. (I covered up their name and logos with pictures. :) Annde wanted you to know she took most of the small pictures herself! (which is why Dad and Steve's heads are cut off...)
Here's my favorite one from the weekend. I used a new Stampin' Up paper kit and went wild and crazy with the doodling. This page documents my Superwoman complex. Isn't this page totally me? Originally it was titled Me @ 35 but Steve mentioned that I still have 3 months to go before I turn 35. Oops!! Must have been too much glue stick, eh?
Here's a page about Annde's need to get completely filthy every day. We thought it was bad at Lynne's, but man! We've had to throw out 2 shirts and a pair of socks this week because even after soaking them for hours in stain remover and washing them 3 times, we couldn't get them back to anywhere close to stain free or white. Sigh! I think the page is cool because it's totally bright and girly but my kid gets dirtier than the boys.

I'll post some of the other pages later this week.

While I was scrapping, Annde went to her first Cider mill with Dad this weekend. They had a blast and Dad took great pics for Mom to scrap. (I'll post some tomorrow...) He even picked up brochures. Haven't I trained him well? Unfortunately, donuts + junk food + cupcake batter from the ones they made after the Cider mill trip = Annde puking all night. No church or 3 Day closing ceremony on Sunday since Annde was sick all night. She didn't even wake up to throw up. I guess she really can sleep like the dead! We just hung out on Sunday and played...

PSHHHEEWWWWW... Well, off to work now. Check out the Pink Sketches blog for my layout about Fantasy Football and I'll check in here later. Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Pirate Tracy said...

I seriously am the most blessed scrapper to be able to srap with you, and to receive the gifts of pages like this. I cannot wait to put some pictures from the Three Day walk on this page -- it is stupendous!!

Tracy

Unknown said...

I was checking in to see how the 3 Day walk went~ sorry you missed the closing ceremonies~

Your scrap gifts are an awesome idea