Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Quiz

I have been reading various blogs this week and saw this quiz that looked fun. So I figured I would blog it too. I found it on Melissa's Blog.


1. What 5 items are on your Christmas wish list this year?
* New IPOD - mine didn't survive the move from Michigan
* New Pants - mine don't stay up since I lost the weight with Meg's pregnancy/delivery.
* New Work Shirts - Most of my clothes are at least 5 years old. Some new ones would be nice...
* A gift certificate to one or two of my favorite online shopping sites for scrapbook supplies since there isn't a store close by... or a 6 month subscription to the kits at Coordinates Collections.
* Garth Brooks "The Entertainer" box set.

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
Ohhh... this was hard. Every year, I get handmade ornaments from my Mom and Aunts and sister. These are so awesome because they bring back so many memories. I can't pick just one of them.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
I really need to get my butt in gear with the homemade ornament exchange...

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
Hmmm... to be honest, I can't remember most of them... I do remember the Atari game system but since Jon and Jeff hogged it, that wouldn't be it. I would have to say the year my Mom gave me a homemade cabbage patch doll. They were popular back then and my Mom made one for my sister and I that looked just like us. I might not have appreciated it enough back then, but I sure do now because I know how much effort she put into them. I wonder if I could talk her into bringing it with her at Christmas so I can pass it on to Annde?

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
* Littlest Pet Shop
* My Little Pony
* American Girl doll that looks like her (this is the only thing she asked Santa for... it's a great thing that we can afford to buy her one!)

6. What is your favorite holiday food?
Appetizers... seriously. We usually make appetizers on Xmas eve. I love every one of them: wontons, pigs in a blanket, brie, guac & blue corn chips, sausage, bbq meatballs, etc...

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
This year, not much. I had grand aspirations... but well, Meghan came and we moved and started a new job, etc... I haven't even been scrapbooking lately! I guess it would be the birth announcements/thank you notes.

8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
I don't have one. I am not really into them. Maybe, "It's a Wonderful Life" or "Rudolf"?

9. Favorite holiday song?
"Silent Night" for sentimental reasons - preferably in German. (See my post from last December)
"Belleau Wood" by Garth Brooks

10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Hands down - Hanging out with family and friends. Seriously... even if there were no gifts, no fancy meals, etc... I would want to spend it with family and friends!

If you decide to do this also, post a comment so I can read your answers!

No comments: