Friday, December 4, 2009

It's been a long time... once again!

Well.

I have no excuses...

I have neglected my blog.

It wasn't like I didn't have anything else to do: I have moved to another state, packed and unpacked a house, started a brand new and challenging job, finished that last trimester of pregnancy, and brought a beautiful baby girl into the world.

But, I have forgotten/neglected this blog and to all of you who read it (especially Tracy and Dad), I apologize.

So, here's my early new year's resolution: Get my butt back in gear and start working on this again. I need to update my header with Meghan - can't do it with the current stuff since I lost Photoshop and my pictures in the Great Computer Crash of 2009 (October). So, I will have to come up with something new... look for it to debut in January (it will take me that long to get Photoshop reinstalled.)

So, here's the latest 411:

Yes, we love most aspects of our new life in VA. I love my job. I don't love our rental home, but it's okay and will work for the next several years until we can sell our MI home and buy a home here. Steve's working on a local gig but feels like he's still on the road since he's working insane hours on this project. (It sucks but I look at it this way: He's still home to tuck the kids in every night...)

Annde cut her hair short and started Kindergarten. Surprisingly, I had a harder time with the hair than school... She's made a lot of friends and joined both the Daisy Scouts and a Tap/Ballet class. She still misses everyone in Michigan and asks when we can go visit. (Memorial Day 2010?)

We were blessed with Meghan Brianna on 11/10/09. She was 8 lbs 6 oz and 21.5" long. She seems to be the opposite of her active sister - more content to just go with the flow. She's growing leaps and bounds - already in 2 weeks, she's gained 1.5 lbs and 1"... it's crazy how much she eats, I tell you! But, she is a great cuddler and her big sister is totally in love with her so life is great around here.We were lucky to have Tracy & Aiden come visit us after Meghan was born. That was so completely awesome!! We went downtown and did some of the Memorials and the Space Museum. The kids did awesome and we had a lot of fun. Plus, Tracy and I scrapped - we did 2 mini books each - it felt good to get going on that again.

Gotta love the matching sweatshirts... :)
We were also lucky to have Steve's parents come in for Thanksgiving. It came out wonderful - Steve was very proud of his perfect turkey (It should be perfect with the amount of time we spend watching Food Network!).

Now, we have a lot to look forward to: my family is coming for Christmas... all of them! I can't wait to celebrate with all my siblings, my sister-in-laws, and my parents and my nieces and nephews. It will be a full house but we are going to have so much fun! I can't wait.

Well, I need to get some things done so I am signing off for now. Hopefully, it won't take me another 6 months to update. :)

Feliz Navidad!!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl. Meghan is adorable.