Friday, September 3, 2010

10 Years and I would do it again...

Today is our 10 year anniversary. It's so hard to believe that 10 years ago, we got married. It was such an awesome day - it feels like last week. I looked back at these pictures last night and the first thought was, "Dang! We look so young?" followed by "Wow, I had a lot of hair!" It was such an amazing time, spent with the whole family and the majority of our friends. When I think back to the moment when my Grandfather stood up to light the candle, I still tear up. When I think back to the moment when Steve had to be reminded to say, "in sickness and health 'til death do us part", I laugh. When I remember the joke Chris Blair put on the wedding video, I crack up. For everyone who was there at the wedding, thank you for spending our weekend with us. For everyone who has been with us for the last 10 years, thank you for making our lives more memorable.

And for Steve, my soul mate, I have been truly blessed to spend these 10 years with you. You've stood by me for all kinds of experiences, good and bad. You've made me laugh and stayed with me while I cried. Together, we've made a family that completes our circle. I wouldn't trade a single second for anything, including $1,000,000 winning lottery ticket (okay, maybe that one second in the year 3 (tee hee... j/k) but I would spend most of the money with you, before I take Tracy and all my sisters/good friends on a girls weekend full of scrapbooking, laughter, and margaritas!). Seriously, you've helped me grow into the woman I am today, one that I am proud to be as a role model for our girls. Thank you and I love you!

And, just for fun, here's my 'most memorable' 10 things from the last 10 years (in no particular order):
1. Getting married! :) (and the honeymoon, of course)

2. Birth of Anndelyn

3. Birth of Meghan

4. Cruise to Mexico with Kevin W and the Salswedals... Fabulous time!

5. Cruise to Jamaica / Grand Cayman - we had a ton of fun on this one

6. 2009 Men's College Basketball Final 4 weekend

7. Moving to Virginia and starting my new job with the Navy

8. Anndelyn starting Kindergarten

9. Trip to NM for Katie's wedding

10. Triplet weekend / wine tasting at Disney World

There are other really amazing things that didn't make the list, like the annual Race for the Cure (Detroit) with our friends, the trip to VA beach with Anndelyn, the trip to Wisconsin for Jane's wedding, getting published multiple times for my scrapbooking, being selected for various scrapbooking DTs, and other trips around the US... The list goes on and on... That's one reason I scrapbook - to remember all the great times and events.

I challenge you to think back 10 years and come up with your own Top 10 list. As for me, I be drinking margaritas at sundown! (well, after soccer practice :) )

No comments: