Sunday, September 26, 2010

Scrapbook Night - Birthday Crop

So, Saturday night, I finally got out for a mommy playdate. It was awesome to be able to spend some time scrapbooking with friends and not worrying about which kid was doing something that she shouldn't. Steve's been working insane hours so I have been doing a lot of the parenting / chores / etc. I couldn't tell you how good it felt to walk outside and take a deep breath and have something fun like this to look forward too. Sometimes, that couple of hours with the girls and no kids is just priceless, you know?

So, I won a ton of stuff - lots of organizational containers which I can easily find usages for - in addition to stickers, prima flowers, christmas card kits, and more. I also got some new CTMH stuff and a new purse from Thirty One (? I think that is the name of the company - very cute though!!).

The best part - my scrapbooking mojo is back! I did a little mini-album on CTMH's circle chipboard album (forgot to take pics before I wrapped it) and it came out darling! It took me about an hour and I took on the Use my Stash challenge and created it from the leftovers from my Michigan Memorial Day album.

Here's the pages I got done...
This one is one of my favorites! The pictures are so cute and I love the tag that says, "Growing like a weed" which Meg certainly is! She's such a happy baby...

I had a ton of fun with the glitter glue... I applied it to the butterflies, the dandelions, and the title letters. I look the look. The picture below just doesn't do it justice.
Then I did a few about Annde's school this year. The first one was back to school night and my hopes that she finds a way to like her new class. Not so great so far but she's trying pretty hard. I just love this pose of her on the bench outside. Very Annde-like!
This one is Annde's best friend, Delaney. I love this picture of them too!! They are so cute together!! My sister says to hold on to it and if they go to the same high school and are still friends, it would be cute in the yearbook. I couldn't agree more! I took some inspiration from the current challenge over at PageMaps for this layout:


My last layout is my favorite! It's a 2-pager - shocker from me, I know - that uses boy colors. Yikes!! No pink or bright colors either!! But, I absolutely love this page. It was for a challenge over at Sketchy Thursdays - they have great sketches if you like play with them - and I was totally inspired because I took over 100 pictures during that hike. I love how I got 21 on this layout and they are all the perfect size to show what I wanted to convey.


Here's some closeups: I put a bit of glitter glue on the water scenes to "pop" them a bit from the people pictures.

Steve and I both love this look from Meghan - Sooooo cute with that confused look and big blue eyes!

I love this kit that I bought from Peachy Cheap - it was a steal and it came with the cutest embellishments. I am so glad that I bought the boy kit instead of girl. It's a great change for me.

That's all for now. The rest of the weekend was normal and mundane.

Just a quick note for my sister - I know you're having a rough time but keep your head up. We love and support you. Find some inner peace. I believe in you and I know others do too. Believe in yourself too! Don't let what you think others thing change who you are. You be the best Susan you can! Okay?!?! I love you, Sister!

No comments: