Thursday, May 1, 2008

Design Team Pages For April and a Little Bit More...

Wow! I can't believe how fast the month of April flew by!! Can you believe it's already May? This month is full of absolutely fabulous things to look forward to (and scrap, of course!).

This Saturday is National Scrapbooking Day and I am going to spend it doing what I love: Scrapbooking!! It's also the Scrapbook Zone's 6th Anniversary so I will be celebrating both events at the Zone all day cropping! For the All-Day crop, I decided to bring my Best Buddy, Tracy as a Mother's Day/You rock gift. We are going to have SOOOO much fun!! This will be the first time that I've done an All-day crop at a store. Stacy, my fellow DT member, and I are going to crop together for the first time too! Fabulous!! I am kitting and printing pages like mad to have enough stuff to do for 12 hrs! Sunday, we're FINALLY having the neighbors over for a Grill-Out Lunch (Poor Jan is working 7 days a week right now and she's on 2nd Shift)... They have been so good to us since they moved in last year and we really want to thank them for everything they've done for us.

Then, next week is the Mega Meet. It will also be my first time! I am going to help Kevin from the Zone set up the booth and then work the booth - I've never done that either and I am sooo excited!! - on Thursday. It gets even better because I am taking my customer on Friday to it too! How great is that? Mixing business and pleasure!! Then on Saturday - IT'S FINALLY HERE! The Team REACH Breast Cancer Crop! I am going to be teaching 2 classes at the crop too: a beginner's class and a class on using sketches. I probably won't get much cropping done - My plan is to finally finish the 2 Cruise books from last year so that Kevin W. will stop harrassing me (just kidding, Kev!)...

Next week is also my Sister's Birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUSAN!! (I am going to finish the last part of your present at the Zone crop and get it out to you super fast!) And then Sunday is Mom's day! I can't wait to spend the weekend with my fabulous daughter and hubby. Even if we just fly a new kite or grill out, it will be great!

Then - to follow up those great experiences, we're doing Virginia Beach for Memorial Day. You better believe I will be taking lots of pictures! We're going to see some friends - the ones who set me and Steve up on our first (blind) date... We haven't seen Tim, Robin, and the girls for over 4 years so I can't wait to see them and catch up. I can't believe they've never met Annde?!?!? Plus - it's Tim's birthday so we will have a great celebration! (aka - parents night out with Aly and Mel watching Annde :) )

So, look for more exciting posts from this month!

Since I haven't posted a layout here in a while so I figured that I would slap some up that I did for the Design Team and for various contests at Coordinates Collections:

This page was done using my DT kit for April. I love the colors and what the page documents: my child's rapid growth over the last year.
This next DT page was done from our first day outside when the weather finally warmed up here in Michigan. I love the felt pieces with the stickles...
This next DT page is not really me but I actually love it! Using the new Basic Gray line, I documented my daughter's likes and dislikes at the age of 4. While she's not quite there yet, I doubt she will suddenly like taking naps or eating veggies! AAHAHAHAH... Although, she did just find out she likes orange and red peppers. That's my girl! I liked the Bazzill paper (pink) that had the flowers and circles punched out of it. Instead of using the whole sheet, I used just a corner of it to embellish. I really liked how it turned out.
This was actually a really fun DT project. It took me 2 weeks to decide what to do with this great package of wood panels. The front is some of the fun Annde pictures from the last 6 months, each documenting an Annde trait. The back describes why I chose those traits. It came together really well... It will be up at the Zone if you want a closer look at it...


This next page was done using the Coordinate Collections Kit "A Few Good Men". I love how bright this paper was and how well it coordinated with the sweater Annde was wearing for the Family pictures taken that day... Here is Annde posing next to the page:



It's almost Friday so I hope that everyone has a fabulous weekend and tune in Monday for the 411 about the Crop... See ya later!!




1 comment:

Shannon said...

wow, you're a busy lady! have fun with all your croppin. oh and that wooden panel project is awesome! very clever!