Monday, May 19, 2008

New DT Kit - What a Challenge!

So, I picked up my May DT Kit today from the Zone. It was packed full of goodies: from Felt Matties to Prima Transparencies, from Cosmo paper to Scenic Route (FAVE!!) chipboard, from 7 Gypsies stamps to Pink Paislee letters... Fabulous! I made sure this time that I checked the bag BEFORE I went shopping.

So, on my drive home, I thought about the papers and what I had to scrap and realized something: the Cosmo paper is really heritage-y and baby in theme. I don't have any heritage photos and I am completely caught up on Annde - no baby pics left to scrap! Oh No!! What am I going to make out of this kit?

In rides my BFF Tracy to the rescue! She has tons of baby pics to scrap of her two boys, Aiden and Keegan. She will generously (AHAHAHA) lend me some to scrap. And to think, she's been offering to pay me to scrap for her (to catch her up) for a long time... So, Tracy, here's your first layout...
This page is very special to me. Aiden is such a sweet and amazing boy. He's so smart and kind and giving. But, as a baby, he was the term COLIC defined. In his defense, he's allergic to both milk and soy. But, he could cry and scream for hours and hours and hours... I remember babysitting him so that Tracy and Randy could go out and when we finally got him to sleep on Steve's chest, grabbing Steve's chest hair, I told Steve if he moved, I would kick him in the... well, you know where! The one person who could get him to sleep and could calm him down was Tracy. This is the position that they spent almost every night/nap in. I'll update the pic after the words to describe this picture are written... {NOTE: the picture looks a little grainy on the left but that's just the flash reflecting off the transparency...}

2 comments:

Staci Compher said...

love getting a peek at your kit!!! looks like lots of cool product...and you have been scrappin' like crazy!!

Lauren said...

your page is beautiful! have fun with the rest of your kit!