Thursday, May 8, 2008

the Scrapbook Zone, Sandy and Stacy x 2!

Today, I had my first experience with working retail: the Scrapbook Zone at Mega Meet. Here's the booth - right inside Mega Meet's front doors. {That's Kevin, the owner, doing last minute checks.} Since I have no retail experience, I obviously had never run a cash register before. I guess it's a good thing that I am quick learner on anything technical, eh? Luckily, I didn't have to learn too much to get it going and sell, sell, sell!! I had a blast! There were times where we had lines across the floor and others when we were all waiting for a customer. The paper pack, fibers, and the Jolee's seem to fly off the shelves... what a deal... My feet are a little sore (I guess flip flops aren't the best choice!) and my back is a little stiff from bending down to make change. It was definitely a great experience, though. I just love how excited everyone was to be shopping! Tomorrow, I will be too! While the booth was slow, I ran over to registration to pick up my stuff and ran into Stacy Julien. I really wanted to go to her Opening Speech last night but things just didn't work out. Stacy (fellow DT and Prima flower hoarder) did and said it was very inspiring. I would have to agree from what she passed on from Stacy's message. I truly believe that all would be lost and I would lose my mind if I wasn't as organized as I am.... Apparently, Stacy Julien agrees! Kindred spirits, eh?
Here's a picture of us... (Too bad, I didn't grab my program and get her signature, eh?)The other funny thing that happened is that the whole design team ran into each other at the Zone booth!!! Sandy ran into me at the booth first. She got there early and was shopping - I even had her do a little for me!! {Kevin couldn't believe I was sending her off to buy me a Cricut bag when he was willing to give me a discount! Aahahaha... just joking, Kevin! Of course, I will buy it from you!} Then Prima girl (aka Stacy) showed up and the two of them shopped until the slave driver let me go for lunch. I had a blast at lunch - Sandy showed off her organization system (goin' copy that one!!) and Stacy dished the dirt about the classes she took. Then I went back to work and sent them off to scope the stores. They did some shopping and then I snuck away (with Kevin's permission of course!) and did some shopping. It was fabulous fun!! I can't wait to do more with these two ladies this year!
Tomorrow - I will get to be a shopper and then head over to set up for the Breast Cancer crop. No sneak peeks today, ladies... its getting close and there is still a bunch to do. I really hope it all goes well on Saturday. The 3 Day is so important!! Who knows: The money from this year might actually find the cure for Breast cancer and spread on the cure to all other forms.

Off to catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZs....

1 comment:

Staci Compher said...

Hey...I shopped there on thursday...must of missed ya...it was so crazy!!! ......I could've been the 3rd staci of the day...