Monday, July 28, 2008

Cyber Crop fun with my Zone Kit!

So, I got a few pages done this weekend, combining my kit from The Scrapbook Zone and some fun challenges over at the Cyber crop... I love how a challenge allows you to go around the traditional thought process to create new and original pages...

I was really excited when Kelley told us we were getting *NEW* stuff to scrap with (from CHA)... How cool is that? It's not even in the stores yet! Fabulous... Hopefully, Kelley likes the results. I still have to finish the last layout and a little minibook with the second kit... she didn't ask for one but I have this really cool idea in my head...

My first kit was Making Memories new Spellbound line. GREAT for Halloween - even better for boy because the papers have this grungy feel to them - you can do so much more than just traditional Halloween pages (even though I did). Think: "My Messy Kid" or "That Little Devil"... Even though I don't traditionally use this style, I had a lot of fun with these two pages. The kids are my BFF's because *GASP!!* I am all caught up with Halloween! {Ouch! Tracy, stop smacking me in the back of the head!} So, I borrowed her kids and had some serious fun. I kinda like scrapbooking other kids because I can look past the traditional girly pages I usually do and get grungy! The other fun thing was except for the cardstock (Bazzill and CTMH) and some ribbon, these pages were completely made from the Spellbound line!


This page was inspired by the Candy! Challenge: we were supposed to use our favorite candy to inspire our page. This was really easy for me with this kit because I *heart* M&Ms... the background paper with all those circles - mini M&Ms. I did the journaling block with a circle split in two which mimicked the rounded corners I put on the pictures and the paper strips. I love the graphic, classic look of this page... I still have to add the journaling obviously.


This page was inspired by a Ad Inspiration from Crate & Barrell. The picture had an olive green bedspread with quilting on it... Fabulous match to this great skull paper! This layout came together VERY quickly and I love the simplicity of it. There are some fun little touches, like the white chalk and the doodled title, which add to the clean look of it. As soon as I add the journaling, it will be all ready for Kelley... it's about how my friend "buys" the candy off her sons after Halloween so that they don't feel bad about not being able to eat most of it (allergic)...


My second kit was the Frosty line by Reminisce. It's a beautiful line but it's very *NOT* me... pastels, large cartoon-y animals and snowmen with glitter (okay, that's me)! and shine... Don't get me wrong - it's a wonderful line but my first though was "baby" and "winter". {OUCH, Tracy!! I didn't say I was out of baby winter pics too... wait for me to at least say it!!}


So, my friend Jill had shown me these great pics (She's getting into scrapbooking too) and I thought - Fabulous match! I begged her to let me scrap them and here are the results! This page is 85% Frostly line, 10% Bazzil card stock, and 5% Prima film strip (was 6 openings to start with and I cut out the dividers to make it 3). I think I will go back and add the polar bear to the bottom of the page... since Jill doesn't have a lot of journaling and it would look so cute with Spencer sitting in the snow. This challenge was to use something from a CHA line that we really liked. Blues and greens seem to be hot this year and I love the sparkle look of these pages. My favorite product is a toss up of multiple companies but the blues and greens remind me of the Surprise Line by Scenic Route so I went with it. Who knows, with as cute as this page came out, it might become a favorite too!!
More to come in the next day or two... I'll have the other Frosty pages and the Round 4 entry for Scrapdango! Have fun everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You rocked these pages Jana! Love them. We just got in the new Reminisce today and I received the shippng notice and invoice from Making Memories so that will be in soon too! Glad you liked the stuff.