Thursday, July 17, 2008

So, I have been wanting to do this page for awhile... and I am glad that I had a challenge to "help it along"... For the second round of the Scrapdango challenge, I was tasked with creating a layout using the sketch I created for the first round. Here's what I came up with...

First, the sketch:
Then, the layout...

This layout commemorates how my love for the color pink has changed over the last 5 years. Growing up, I had a pink bedroom - a REALLY pink bedroom. I shared with my sister and I think my Mom thought, "2 girls? Let's paint it pink!" And they did - Pepto Bismal Pink... Walls, curtains, bedspreads... everything but the carpet (white) and the dressers (white). As a tomboy, I rebelled against pink. Too girly for me!! That sentiment stayed with me through high school and college and into the "real world". Then I had a baby girl... and, as much as hated the color pink, she looked so cute in it that I started to like it... Then, I started to really see what the color pink means to millions of people - it means hope, it means struggle, it means strength - and hopefully, soon it will been a cure. I try to buy things now that are pink - that companies use to donate money to the Cure. I try to buy those things because I know that even ten cents can mean the difference...
Now on to the fun stuff...
This weekend, my BFF Tracy and I are going to our FIRST scrapbooking retreat... We are SOOOO excited!! It's in Chesaning, Michigan at a place called Creative Retreats. It's an old church that's been converted for a crop/quilt retreat. I just can't wait to go... I know that I am going to scrap tons!! Especially since Scrap for the Cure is also having an online crop this weekend... Check it out!!

2 comments:

MAM said...

Have FUN on the retreat!

Monica (BPS Classmate)

Unknown said...

Have fun at your retreat and if your online, pop in and say hello to us over at SFAC~
PS- I tagged you...check out my blog