Thursday, July 31, 2008

The long and winding road... of July!

Apparently, there's a blog called the Scrapbook Lady and she does these awesome questionnaires for the wrap-up of a month...
So, here's mine:
(Thanks Colleen for the idea!)

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Hmm... I watched a lot of reality TV because to be honest, there isn't much else on and I like to have noise when I am scrapbooking. So, I watched most of the season of Deadliest Catch and So You Think You Can Dance. Shark Week has been a blast so far. I've been re-watching some good older movies (like Sweet Home Alabama, Tin Cup, The Greatest Game Ever Played) as well as some that I haven't seen (the Lake House) which I have really enjoyed.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
The 4th is Annde's birthday... we went to the parade, an all-day party, and the fireworks. We've also had a LARGE party for her. Otherwise, it was Denise's birthday and Kira's birthday this month. Since they moved to Arizona, we didn't get to see them...

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
These freaky new allergies that Annde seems to have is driving me nuts. We've tried all kinds of meds but nothing has really happened. Today, she spiked a fever of 104.5! The doctor said that the allergy drainage wasn't draining properly and ended up in her ears, causing an infection - hence the fever... Not sure if I agree or not that she has allergies and not some stupid sinus infection that won't go away! She's on medicine now so hopefully this one will work.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Annde's week-o-birthday fun was about enough to kill me. There was also the scrapbook retreat with Tracy that was absolutely fabulous!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I tried raspberry French toast casserole - very yummy!!.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Nothing much ... other than a lot of supplies to fix the whole in the side of the house...

What were this month's disappointments?
We aren't pregnant... still. Not much more needs to be said.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I finished my Masters application and got it into the mail on time. I also scrapbooked at least 3 days a week and finished 14 books. I also competed in a 4 week challenge at Scrapdango and completed some really awesome pages! My "In My Words" came out in the August CK - so it was cool to see that in print as well as get the prize for being selected.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
I have a couple of secrets from friends and family but it isn't my place to share... so I will just pass on congratulations to those who are celebrating and to those who are working through some struggles - hang in there... The road will be difficult but if everything turns out as expected, then it will have been worth taking the steps to resolve the issue and stay strong in your pursuits...

Off to sleep - and it's not even 11pm yet!

No comments: