Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Man, my fingers are tired!

I decided to do something unusual for Steve this year for Valentine's Day. He was really admiring this wonderful fleece blanket my Father in Law got for retirement so I decided to make him one. Now, my hubby is 6'6" and over 225 lbs... So, a regular sized one wouldn't cover him too well. So, I made him one that was 7.5' x 6'. The thing is absolutely HUGE! Annde and I did it together tonight... or rather, I cut and tied and she ran around on the top of it (it was spread on the floor) yelling "GO Michigan State! Go Green! Go Michigan State University! Go Sparty! Go White!" It was her way of "cheering me on" to do it. What she doesn't know, is that I used some left over fleece and the remainders from Dad's to make a mini-one for Annde (5'x3')... She is going to be SO excited. Here they are:

Annde's sitting on top of Dad's...
Annde's unfolded to show the pattern of strips.
I love how they came out... Don't worry about me not having one. Steve's is MORE than big enough to share!

Today was my first day back to work and I was surprised, only 293 emails! It took me about 4 hours to work through all of them. It felt good to get back into the swing of things, even if I did get more work when I met with my "new" boss. (While I was gone, 5 more people in my department got laid off for an additional 9 weeks.) Annde did very well today at school and came home to eat a large bowl of fruit salad (I am talking a salad bowl full) and 2 - yes, 2 - full size chicken breasts (and she wanted more!)... Can you say "Growth Spurt?"

Well, time to gather the trash for the trashman tomorrow and go to bed. 5am will come really early tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great blanket jana!!

and my oh my, that's a lot of emails to go through! =) must've drove you nuts after a while.

have a great day,
sarah.